SIOR and CCIM Designation
REQUIREMENTS IN BRIEF
- YEARS: have a minimum of five years of documented industrial or office real estate brokerage experience and is actively engaged as an industrial or office real estate broker or salesperson;
- GFI: maintain a minimum Gross Fee Income (GFI) per year and a minimum number of transactions with the standards set by the local chapters;
- ETHICS: uphold high ethical standards of practice and has a reputation for sincerity and integrity and pledges to uphold SIOR's Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice;
- EDUCATION: prove to be a knowledgeable professional in the industrial or office real estate market as evidenced by completing the educational requirement; and
- RECOMMENDATIONS: provide formal recommendations from two SIOR members.
There are three options for satisfying the educational requirement:
- Comprehensive Membership Entrance Exam
- RICS Designation (held for at least 5 years)
ETHICS EDUCATION REQUIREMENT
ETHICS EDUCATION: for all Membership applicants except Associate delegates and Retired Members.
Complete SIOR’s ethics and professional standards module (a half-day seminar or online self study course) prior to obtaining Membership. Applications may be approved subject to the completion of SIOR’s ethics course, and the applicant will have one year from the date of approval to complete the requirement. This requirement can also be satisfied by taking SIOR Course 200.
Applicants will receive a link to the online course via email upon submitting their application.
GROSS FEE INCOME (GFI) REQUIREMENTS
Applicants submit 36-60 months of GFI. SIOR will evaluate using the three best 12-month periods of these years.
GFI requirements for St. Louis, MO, market and the St. Louis chapter is $300,000.